Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Wheat and the Tares (Week#91)

 Monday, September 7, 2020


The highlight for this week is definitely church starting back up in our area. I don't think it's been just missionaries that have been feeling tired. I think a few of the members have been tired as well. Because it was a fast and testimony meeting that day, the ones that went up to bear their testimony were very emotional, and I can't blame them. 

I've been asking myself questions lately, and one of the questions that has been foremost in my mind is who are the ones that are truly faithful? The Lord gives a parable about the wheat and the tares. It's interesting that he chooses this scenario for His parable because when the crops are first planted, no one can identify the tares successfully from the wheat. This can only be done during harvest time. So the wheat and the tares grow together. This has led me to think, what if there are members that are not actually faithful? What if the people that we have looked down on or think are not good members of the church are the ones the Bridegroom has in fact chosen? Then again, what if they're actually what we think they are? How do I know if I am faithful? How do I know that I can stand before the Father without my conscience convicting me? It says ye shall know them by their fruits, and it's supposed to be simple. How can you know if the fruits you give are actually good? How many people actually just go through the motions and their heart remains unchanged? I don't know. I actually don't think we'll ever truly know till harvest time or when the Lord comes. Then He will separate the wheat from the tares.


No comments: