Sunday, October 11, 2020

Great Missionary Help! (Week #88)

 Monday, August 17, 2020

Last week was about the same as the first few weeks of this transfer but I have a good feeling about this week. I think that we're going to start seeing the ball move a bit faster. We're excited to try campus work. I think it will definitely add variety to the different activities that we're trying. We also have pool of people to teach. Not all of them are nonmembers, but a few of them are less actives. The mission is emphasizing less active work right now. 

The missionaries in this stake are really good. The mission President complimented our stake at interviews about its stability. That kind of gives us confidence. I'm really enjoying the area that I am serving in. There's nothing particularly spectacular about the area, but the people are great. I'm feeling as if now is a great time for me to be a missionary, but I don't want to speak too soon, haha. I like the weather here right now in OK, but it's going to change here real soon. I saw a tree the other day that's already turning red. It has been hot, but not extremely hot. It's been hovering around the eighties and seventies for the most part except in midday. Plus we are usually inside a car or building most of the time anyway with air conditioning. I am just glad that it's summer so I'm enjoying it while it lasts. 

Our mission President said that when winter comes, basically most of our outside service is going to dry up. I think he's right haha. He suggests that we get a strong less active pool to work with in preparation for the winter, so that's what we're going to take up a notch this week. We're already trying, we just have to make this a more important focus. 


No comments: