Sunday, August 18, 2019

Adjusting to the new area (Week #28)

 July 1, 2019

I've been adjusting well, but it's definitely a culture shock even though it should be more familiar than I should expect. The area that I am in now is basically the exact opposite of my last area. A good comparison to Chesterfield is Mandarin. There are lots of very nice neighborhoods with sizable houses in several subdivisions. My companion and I live close to the middle of our area. Also, it probably isn't even a tenth of the size of the previous area that I was in. There are probably just as many members  in Chesterfield as there are in the previous area if not more. There are a lot of young families and families that are sending sons off on missions. It's pretty easy to run into members in this area. Many of the members just live a few blocks from one another. All the people are very nice and remind me a lot of Oakleaf ward. We have done a lot more tracting than I've ever done before because there are so many houses. My new companion and I get along just fine. We share a vehicle with the sister missionaries that live in a neighboring area. We do not have a lot of miles to use, so we ride our bikes most of the time. I really enjoy riding bikes. There are sidewalks everywhere, so we usually use those unless there is no sidewalk, then we ride with traffic. It's pretty busy on the roads. There are a lot of people that live here. The city though is actually relatively clean. A lot of the members that I have met say that they enjoy living here. My companion and I are not yet clear on what plan we should develop for progressing the work most effectively here, but we're getting there. My companion has only been in the area for five weeks, and I've just arrived. President Strong has placed a lot of emphasis on creating area plans recently. We've kept ourselves pretty busy. 

No comments: